Range Success Com Presents The
NRA Instructor Training Course, Basics of Pistol Shooting
July 30-31, 2022
Ipswich Fish & Game Association
22 Paradise Road
Ipswich, MA 01938
Saturday: Part 1 Basic Instructor Training 9:00AM to 7:00PM
1. Pre-course assessment: Firearm Safety, Loading & Unloading
2. The Instructor & the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program
3. Using a Training Team
4. Lunch – Brown bag or local restaurants
5. Training Materials and Training Aids
6. Organizing Your Course
7. Preparing to Teach
Part 2 Basic Pistol Instructor Training
8. Intro to NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Lesson Plans
9. Teaching Pistol Lesson I: Pistol Knowledge & Safe Handling
10. Teaching Pistol Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
Sunday: Part 2 Continued 8:00AM to 7:00PM
1. Pre-course assessment: Pistol Shooting Test
2. NRA Basic Pistol Instructional Method
3. Teaching Pistol Lesson III: Shooting Positions and Qualifications
4. Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Pistol Shooters
5. Lunch – Brown bag or local restaurants
6. Teaching Pistol Lesson IV: Scoring Targets and Selecting/Maintaining a Pistol
7. Teaching Pistol Lesson V: Continued Opportunities for Skills Development
8. Using NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course Evaluation, Performance Requirements Checklist and Pistol Instructor Examination
This is an Instructor Course and is open to experienced shooters only. The NRA Instructor Training Course is designed to teach experienced individuals how to teach others to shoot using the NRA lesson plans and training methods. You will be asked to demonstrate your firearm knowledge and skills during pre-course assessment exercises. Participation in this course does not guarantee certification as an NRA Instructor! Instructor Candidates must have 100% attendance! Instructor Candidates must have successfully passed an Instructor Led Training (ILT) for the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course and produce a certificate of completion.
Instructor Candidates must possess a .22 caliber revolver and .22 caliber semi-automatic pistol. You will need these items for Sunday’s range session. Loaners are available.
Advanced registration only! Seating is limited. You become registered when we receive your completed application, tuition and proof of having completed an NRA Basic Pistol Course and tuition.
All classroom materials will be provided. NRA certification & processing fees are the responsibility of the student. Candidates will receive via email the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor Led Training and the Blended ILT Lesson Plans. Candidates will download, print and bring to class.
Instructor Candidates will need to bring a note pad and pencils.
On Sunday, Instructor Candidates will need to bring eye and ear protection, 50 factory made cartridges and a handgun of any caliber for the range practical exercises and live fire test.
Refunds minus a $45 processing fee will be granted upon receipt of the returned student packet for cancellations up to 14 days before course date.
$250.00 course fee for GOAL Members and non-Massachusetts residents that our members of their State Associations. $275.00 course fee for all others. Make checks payable to Jon Green and mail to 3 Talbot St. Holden, MA 01532. Debit and credit card payments can be made by contacting Jon Green 508-641-0116. Limited seating only. This course will be limited to 10 students.
Applicants must complete and send in the questionnaire form. The form is provided in MS Word format AND PDF format. BPI_Questionaire (MS Word Format)
NO LIVE AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM